Hey folks, just a quick update this time – but an important one! Ever the crafty coding canid, our Fox has been hard at work expanding the filetype support for Artconomy!
Here’s a list of most (but not all!) of the currently supported
- Image: GIF, JPEG, JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, TIFF, SVG, WDP, AI, DGN, DWFX, DWG, DXF, PSD, EPS, FS, IND, LR
- Audio: MIDI, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, OGA, ACC, DW, VTX, F4A
- Video: AVI, MP4, MPEG, MPG, WEBM, MOV, WMV, M4V, OGV, MKV, SWF, AN, F4V, FLV
- Document: DOC, DOCH, DOCM, DOCX, TXT, PDF, RTF, AE, PS, DOTH
- Other: ZIP
Many of these even support in-browser previews/embedding:
MP4, WEBM, OGV, SVG, TXT, MP3, WAV, OGG, and SWF.
As it says in our FAQ…
We currently support most file formats used for artistic expression, with a few caveats:
• We do not do automated video conversion (though it’s planned!). You should upload in MP4, or else some viewers may not see your work.
• Not all file formats will have useful previews. JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, and similar are supported by all browsers, but whatever you upload can be downloaded. You’re advised to set the preview icon of any piece that doesn’t have preview/embed support, such
as .PSD files.
• The file size limit is currently 100MB. We intend to raise this in the future as we scale.
• .TXT files will be previewed with Markdown.
• If you’re using a file type that is not supported, please upload a .zip file. Do note that uploads to Artconomy are expected to be artistic expressions and renderings and they may be removed if they are found to be primarily data sets (such as database dumps), non-game programs, or other work not reasonably understood as art.